It doesn’t matter what make or model of headset you might be using, all headsets, at one time or another, will need some attention.
Chances are your headset will work faithfully for a long time, but then something happens that causes it to operate differently. And when I say differently, I don’t mean better.
Yealink WH62/WH63 Troubleshooting Video
You could experience a number of things, some of which could include:
- Degraded or distorted sound quality
- No sound from your phone, computer or both
- No ability to answer/end calls away from the phone with your headset
- No ring detection in your headset
Tip 1: Reset the Yealink WH62 or WH63 base.
- Press and hold the buttons that have an icon of a computer, and desk phone simultaneously for about 6 seconds.
- You’ll hear an audible message that says “Factory Reset”
- Unplug the power from the Yealink headset base for about 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power.
If you have the Yealink USB Connect software downloaded, you can also do a factory reset directly through the software. So, you have two different ways you can do a factory reset.
Tip 2: Try a firmware update.
- make sure that you have Yealink USB Connect downloaded
- The headset base connected to the computer.
- Within the USB Connect App it will show if a new firmware release is available. If there is, then simply follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
- Then unplug the AC power from the headset base, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power back in.
Tip 3: Connected to a Yealink phone and having trouble?
Maybe you don’t have audio, remote call answering, or ring detection. If that sounds familiar, you’ll want to make sure your phone firmware release is version 86 or above.
To check your phone firmware: Open "Menu" or "Setting" -> "Status" (->"General") and find "Firmware: xx.86.x.xx" as v86
If your phone firmware version is below release 86, then you’ll want to update that. And, if you’re not familiar with how to do that, then you’ll want to contact your phone Administrator, or whoever manages your phone system.
The main point of this blog is to say if you’re having trouble with your Yealink WH62, or WH63, and would like to attempt resolving it, start by downloading the Yealink USB Connect software.
From there, do a factory reset, and if that doesn’t fix your problem, then try doing a firmware update. And if none of those things resolves your issue, then contact your phone Administrator.
WH6x headset not working on Yealink T3x series phone?
First off you need the EHS35 adapter to go with your Yealink WH62 or WH63 wireless headset with a compatible Yealink T3x series phone. If you do have this adapter and it's still not working, follow this article or forward it to your phone system provider for further help.
If you need further help or guidance, contact us today and one of our Advisors will be happy to help.
Headset out of range notification
In this case your headset came unpaired from the charging base. Follow the steps below to re-pair your Yealink WH62/WH63 headset.
- Remove your headset from the charging base
- Press the on/off button for about 3 seconds until you hear "power off" in your headset, then release.
- Press and hold the same button for about 5 seconds until you hear "power on" or "pairing", then release your finger.
- Press and hold the PC button for 5 seconds until you see a white and green LED flashing, then release your finger.
- In about 5 seconds both will pair
RISKS of purchasing Yealink headsets from non authorized resellers.
Keep in mind, many resellers on third party sources like Amazon are not authorized resellers, and you may face the following:
- The product could be counterfeit.
- You will not get help when needed and be on your own to do your own research or troubleshooting.
- The product may be resold as “unused” – which is not a new product
- The product includes software that is no longer supported by Yealink & requires updates to prevent network vulnerability.
- The product is missing key accessories or components required for your region to ensure the product will work as needed.
- If product does not work properly, you will not be able to get support or a replacement under warranty.