It doesn’t matter what make or model of headset you might be using, all headsets, at one time or another, will need some attention.
Chances are your headset will work faithfully for a long time, but then something happens that causes it to operate differently. And when I say differently, I don’t mean better.
Yealink WH62/WH63 Troubleshooting Video
You could experience a number of things, some of which could include:
- Degraded or distorted sound quality
- No sound from your phone, computer or both
- No ability to answer/end calls away from the phone with your headset
- No ring detection in your headset
Whatever it is that you’re experiencing when using the Yealink WH62, and WH63 headsets, this blog will provide you with some helpful tips on things you can try to help resolve these issues.
Make sure you purchased from an authorized Yealink Reseller or you risk the following:
- Receiving a used headset sold as new.
- Gray market or counterfeit product arrives with generic electronics that don't work on compatible devices like it should.
- You will not get product support or a warranty replacements for defective headsets.
Most of you have heard the saying, "if it's to good to be true, it's to good to be true", right?
Below is a prime example on Amazon of third party sellers who aren't authorized Yealink resellers selling the same product as authorized resellers at 25-30% less. So, the question becomes how would that be possible? There's a high chance the reasons above, and why you're reading this article to help get your Yealink headset working.
After following these troubleshooting tips, If this sounds like the road you went down and you're within the return window, do yourself a favor and return your order and order from an authorized Yealink reseller.
To verify who is an authorized partner or not, reference the Yealink Authorized Online Reseller Portal here
Tip 1: Reset the Yealink WH62 or WH63 base.
- Press and hold the buttons that have an icon of a computer, and desk phone simultaneously for about 6 seconds.
- You’ll hear an audible message that says “Factory Reset”
- Unplug the power from the Yealink headset base for about 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power.
If you have the Yealink USB Connect software downloaded, you can also do a factory reset directly through the software. So, you have two different ways you can do a factory reset.
Tip 2: Try a firmware update.
- make sure that you have Yealink USB Connect downloaded
- The headset base connected to the computer.
- Within the USB Connect App it will show if a new firmware release is available. If there is, then simply follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
- Then unplug the AC power from the headset base, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power back in.
Tip 3: Connected to a Yealink phone and having trouble?
Maybe you don’t have audio, remote call answering, or ring detection. If that sounds familiar, you’ll want to make sure your phone firmware release is version 86 or above.
To check your phone firmware: Open "Menu" or "Setting" -> "Status" (->"General") and find "Firmware: xx.86.x.xx" as v86
Not sure how to update firmware? follow this guide, or share with your phone system admin for help.
If your phone firmware version is below release 86, then you’ll want to update that. And, if you’re not familiar with how to do that, then you’ll want to contact your phone Administrator, or whoever manages your phone system.
The main point of this blog is to say if you’re having trouble with your Yealink WH62, or WH63, and would like to attempt resolving it, start by downloading the Yealink USB Connect software.
From there, do a factory reset, and if that doesn’t fix your problem, then try doing a firmware update. And if none of those things resolves your issue, then contact your phone Administrator.
Double check Yealink headset compatibility
WH6x headset not working on Yealink T3x series phone?
First off you need the EHS35 adapter to go with your Yealink WH62 or WH63 wireless headset with a compatible Yealink T3x series phone. If you do have this adapter and it's still not working, follow this article or forward it to your phone system provider for further help.
If you need further help or guidance, contact us today and one of our Advisors will be happy to help.
Headset out of range notification
In this case your headset came unpaired from the charging base. Follow the steps below to re-pair your Yealink WH62/WH63 headset.
- Remove your headset from the charging base
- Press the on/off button for about 3 seconds until you hear "power off" in your headset, then release.
- Press and hold the same button for about 5 seconds until you hear "power on" or "pairing", then release your finger.
- Press and hold the PC button for 5 seconds until you see a white and green LED flashing, then release your finger.
- In about 5 seconds both will pair