Evolve2 85 works with all leading Unified Communications (UC) platforms, for truly seamless collaboration. If your UC platform of choice is Microsoft Teams, the Evolve2 85 is perfectly adapted and optimized to give you the best experience with the platform.
When you finally find a headset that you just can't do without, it's good to know you don't have to. The result is an industry-leading 37-hour battery life (powered by that mighty little chipset again). Rest assured; Evolve2 85 will get you through the week.
- Connectivity Technology - Wireless
- Bluetooth Technology - Bluetooth 5.0
- Connects to - Computer, Phone, Portable electronics
- Wireless Range - 98ft
- Weight - 10 ounces
- Talk-time - Up to 30hrs
- Microphone Technology - Active noise cancelling (ANC)
- Warranty - 2 Years
Jabra Evolve2 85 - USB-C UC Stereo Datasheet
Jabra Evolve2 85 - USB-C UC Stereo Setup
Jabra Evolve2 85 - USB-C UC Stereo Manual
Jabra Evolve 75 vs Jabra Evolve2 85 - Live Mic & Speaker Tests! Is it worth the upgrade?
SHOWDOWN Bose 700 UC vs Jabra Evolve2 85 Wireless Bluetooth Headset - LIVE MIC TEST!
Jabra Evolve 80 vs Jabra Evolve2 85 - Is Jabra wired better than wireless? LIVE MIC & SPEAKER TEST!
Jabra Evolve2 85 Charging Stand USBA | 14207-65
Jabra Evolve2 USB Cable USB-C to USB-C | 14208-34
Jabra Evolve2 85 Ear Cushion | 14101-79
Things I like:
- Busy light indicates when I'm in a call or a meeting so my wife knows not to disturb me.
- ANC is good, I had Bose QC35 before and I honestly did not notice a difference.
- Retractable mic boom arm. It allows the speech to be a lot clearer than mics in the headphones themselves, plus it allows me to use these headphones outside. I even used them on a plane once and it was a great experience overall.
- Hear-through mode is useful, used it a lot during traveling and while working when I need to hear my surroundings.
- Sound quality is good.
Now the things I don't like:
- Mode switching button always cycles ANC / Off / Hear-through. So in order to go from ANC to Hear-through (the most often use case) two button presses are required. I would much rather prefer this to be configurable to remove Off from this list as I never had a use for this mode.
- During a call the mode switches to Off automatically so to get ANC back I have to press the mode switch button. Also, during calls the list of modes change to Off / ANC with no Hear-though option. Weird.
- iOS app is unreliable. Most of the time it can't detect the headset while it is paired and connected to the phone. All it shows is "Welcome back. Turn on and connect your device."
- There is a weird bug when using the headphones with the charging stand. I usually turn the headset off at the end of the day and put them on the stand. When I take them from the stand the next day and turn them on, there is a 50/50 chance they would become unresponsive and won't connect to anything (phone, dongle) unless I power cycle them. It sounds like they go into a weird semi-on state when they will announce "Battery high" immediately after I put them on my head without me even touching the on/off switch. And then when I flick the switch to On I hear "No device connected". I tried several Evolve2 85 headsets on the latest firmware (1.3.8) and all of them exhibit the same issue. It is not consistent so sometimes it only happens once a week - and sometimes it happens every day. Very confusing.
- Jabra Link 380 dongle has a very aggressive power-saving feature that switches off audio streaming if it detects silence for more than 1-1.5 seconds, and it takes half a second to wake up after it detects audio again. As a result, any tutorial/video that has silent parts in between sentences becomes very painful to listen to, with constant fade-ins and lost words.
- The latest firmware update was in December 17, 2020. It looks like this product was abandoned.
I had recently taken a position with a company that uses the MS TEAMS platform for a great deal of their in-house training and meeting sessions as well as lots of conference calls. I could tell very early on that a good headset was going to be very helpful during those office activities. Since I had already owned a set of Jabra earbuds, I was leaning toward the Jabra Evolve2 85 headsets, but given their price tag, I wasn’t comfortable “trying them out” and potentially not finding them adequate for my needs. I did a lot of research on them and in that process I found headset advisor. I watched the review videos and the various comparison videos on the channel and those were what helped me finally to decide to go ahead with my purchase. After receiving them, I used them for the various functions and features they have been designed for and there is no doubt they are likely the best headset around for not only TEAMS activities, but just generally speaking as well! No regrets and I will always recommend them to friends and colleagues.
Hi Bradley, glad our reviews were able to help you and thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts. This helps fellow buyers a lot!
Order and delivery process was simple and quick.
The headset itself is truly amazing. In sales and make over 100 calls a day. I also use Microsoft teams regularly. Having a quality headset is key and is the best by far. I tried the Sony and Bose first but returned both for this Jabra headset. If you’re looking for a quality headset for work and a solid headset for music/video, look no further. Fully worth the investment if you will use it everyday.
Hi Luke, thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. We're glad you value the importance of good audio for your sales calls, it makes a world of difference!