Noise in the workplace is becoming an increasingly bigger issue as more work environments are moving to open office spaces with many people in a small area.
The problem with the added noise is two things.
- What customers hear is loud and makes it difficult for the customer to hear what the agent is saying.
- The noise level in the office is very distracting for agents and makes it difficult for them to hear what the customer is saying.
To eliminate the above problems the best solution is to add a wireless microphone headset to your office environment. You might be asking yourself what is the best wireless headset microphone? With over 20 years of experience specializing in office telephone headsets, here's a list of our top recommended headsets for the best wireless microphone headset.
1) Discover Adapt 30 - Wireless microphone headset system
The Discover Adapt 30 wireless headset system is unique as it is the only headset on the market that is capable of switching from a single speaker headset (mono) to a dual speaker headset (duo) and is conveniently included in the box. Especially when you have an open office environment having the ability to have the flexibility to cover one or two ears is nice as it allows each agent the ability to adapt to what works best for them.
- Wireless range of 350 feet giving agents the freedom to wirelessly get up and move around the office which has proven to make them more productive.
- Futureproof design as it has a port that allows the headset to connect to any type of phone system and can adapt to future systems if needed.
- The professional-grade noise-canceling bendable microphone is designed to resolve problem 1 (see above). Customers will be happier as they will be able to hear agents loud and clear.
- The dual speaker wearing style helps to eliminate problem 2 (see above). Having both ears covered with speakers helps to reduce the background noise agents hear so they can focus on the customers' phone call and not the distractions around them.
- Backed by a 3-year advanced replacement warranty which means your product is protected for 3 times longer than other brands of headsets.
- It would be nice to have active noise-canceling to block out more ambient sound.
Here's a sound clip of the Discover Adapt 30 so you can hear the wireless microphone headset and determine for yourself what is the best wireless headset microphone?
2) Discover D904 - convertible wireless microphone headset
Some agents prefer to have one speaker covering one ear with an ear hook so that they can still hear what's going on in the office. The Discover D904 is a great option for when agents would like the option to switch between a headband wearing style or an over-the-ear wearing style. The Discover D904 has a professional-grade noise-canceling microphone so your customers will hear your voice loud and clear and won't hear all the noise that is coming from the office. Pros:
- An onboard charging bay allows for 2 batteries to charge simultaneously giving unlimited talk time so your agents will never be without their headset.
- Convertible wearing styles give the agents flexible wearing styles to find the most comfortable fit for them. It makes it easier for the procurement team to decide on one model that fits the needs of most.
- Dual connectivity allows one headset to be used on the office desk phone such as Polycom, Avaya, etc. and also computers via USB.
- A wireless range of 350 feet gives the agents the freedom to roam around the office without missing phone calls and being more productive.
- The professional-grade noise-canceling microphone will allow customers to hear agents clearly without hearing all the noise in the office or call center.
- Discover headsets always come standard with a 3-year advanced replacement warranty which gives you 3-times the protection compared to other brands.
- It does not include a way to have dual speakers which can leave your agents being distracted by the noise in the office environment.
Here's a sound clip of the Discover D904 so you can hear the wireless microphone headset and determine for yourself what is the best wireless headset microphone?
3) Plantronics Savi W8220 - wireless headset microphone with active noise cancellation (ANC)
The Plantronics Savi W8220 is worth serious consideration when you want a wireless microphone headset to eliminate the noise of the agents in the surrounding area. The W8220 is the only headset on the market as of this writing that has active noise cancellation that is designed to connect to your traditional desk phones such as Polycom, Cisco, Avaya, etc. Pros:
- Larger ear cushions with active noise cancellation (ANC) technology helps agents reduce the ambient noise around the office and concentrate on what the customer is saying. Noises in the office environment are one of the leading distractions causing less productivity.
- The noise-canceling microphone helps ensure that agents' voices are heard clearly by the customer.
- Triple connectivity means that you can connect to any traditional desk phone, computer, or mobile device all at the same time from one headset so you don't need multiple headsets.
- Most customers do not need triple connectivity so the price on the W8220 is much higher for technology that is not needed.
- The oversized ear cushions tend to not be as comfortable for all-day use compared to some of the above options.
- Hide or search for a quiet area
- Listen to music
- Use noise-canceling headphones
- Use earplugs
- Work from home
- Not making eye contact with co-workers
As you can see there is a problem that employees face with the noise levels rising in our open office environments and I tend to find it noisy and distracting, especially when trying to write an article like this one. It's hard to focus when there are people on the phone and others talking among themselves to concentrate on work that requires more thought.
The best solution I have found that works are to use the best wireless microphone headset as highlighted in the top 3 options above. Not sure wireless is for you? No problem. Trying to find a wired microphone headset that will allow you to focus on your tasks and have a noise-canceling microphone is quite hard to come by as many of the options don't have the larger ear cushions or business grade noise-canceling microphones. The best-wired option we have found is the:
Discover D722- wired microphone headset with noise-canceling microphone.
The Discover D722 is available in a quick disconnect version to connect to traditional desk phones or a USB version so it can connect to computers. When concentration is really important you can put this headset on with the oversized ear cushions and putting on music almost all the ambient noise around the office will disappear. Pros:
- Large ear cushions fully enclose the ears to eliminate more of the ambient noise.
- High-quality sound makes listening to music enjoyable and eliminates more of the unwanted sound around.
- The professional noise-canceling microphone allows customers to hear your voice loud and clear instead of all the noise in your office.
- Available in USB or Quick Disconnect version so you can use on traditional desk phones such as Polycom, Yealink, Cisco, etc. and computers.
- The larger ear cushions are not as comfortable for all-day use as some of the smaller options but the noise elimination is well worth it in my opinion.