WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- AC Power Adapter
- Wireless Headset Top
- Wireless Headset Charging Base
- Telephone Interface Cable
BASE AND HEADSET BUTTONS
On the bottom of your charging base is a microphone and speaker adjustment and an A-G compatibility switch. Most phones require you to stay on setting A.
SETUP FOR PHONE WITHOUT A HEADSET PORT
STEP 1 Locate the AC Power Adapter and plug it into your wall power outlet. Plug the other end into the back of your C052 charging base as shown.
STEP 3 Place the wireless headset earpiece into the charging cradle and allow it to charge for a minimum of twenty (20) minutes.
STEP 4 Unplug your telephone handset from the base of your phone. Included with your Plantronics headset is a phone cord. Plug the big end into the Plantronics C052 charging base and plug the other end into the HANDSET port of your desk phone.
STEP 5 Plug the telephone handset coil cord into the square box in the middle of the telephone interface cable.
STEP 6 Place the telephone handset into the cradle of the telephone, (hang up the phone).
NOTE: If you would like to answer your phone calls when away from your desk, you’ll need an optional Handset Lifter or Electronic Hookswitch Cable (EHS Cable). Contact us today for assistance in locating the correct remote call answer device.
USING YOUR HEADSET
Now that your headset is setup, here's some step-by-step instructions on how to use it to make a phone call.
STEP 1 Put the headset on and press the call control button located on the side of the earpiece. This is the small oblong shaped button on the side of the headset top . Press it once to turn on the headset.
STEP 2 Take the telephone handset out of the cradle and place it on the desktop.
STEP 3 At this time, you should hear a dial tone in the headset earpiece
STEP 4 Dial the desired phone number and have a conversation as normal. Make sure that the microphone tip is located approximately two fingers width from the corner of your mouth.
STEP 5 When you finish your phone call, take the telephone handset receiver and hang it up.
STEP 6 If you have additional calls to make, return to "step 2" and continue through step 5.
STEP 7 If you don't have any further calls to make, make sure the telephone handset is hung up and then return your headset earpiece to the headset charging cradle, or keep it on until your next call.
Now that your headset is set up, does everything work correctly and sound great? If not, refer to the suggestions below to help troubleshoot.
NO DIAL TONE
After making a test call, did you NOT hear a dial tone? If not, try the troubleshooting ideas below to help resolve this.
- Double check to make sure that you have everything connected as per the setup instructions.
- Make sure that ALL cords are pushed in fully and have "snapped" into place.
- Locate the compatibility switch and while on a call, move it to other positions until you hear a dial tone.
When making your test call, you may hear static. If you do, try the troubleshooting tips below.
- Locate the compatibility switch on the bottom of the charging base and while on a call, move it to the other positions until the static is cleared up.
- Try removing the battery from the headset earpiece. Once removed, wait for a minute and then reinstall the battery.
- If items 1 and 2 above don't work, try removing the battery and unplugging the power from the wall outlet. Wait for a minute and then reinstall the battery, place it into the charging cradle and then plug the AC Power Adapter back into the wall power outlet.
If you hear echo when on a call, the steps below should help to resolve this condition.
- Locate the volume adjustment on your TELEPHONE. Set this to about the midpoint (half way between high and low).
- On the bottom of the charging base, locate the red dial that has an icon of a microphone. Set this on the number 2.
- Make sure that the microphone tip is approximately two fingers width from the corner of your mouth. Having the microphone too close or too far from your mouth can cause sound quality issues.
- Try resetting your headset. This is done by removing the battery from the headset earpiece, unplugging the AC Power Adapter from the wall power outlet and then waiting for a minute. Then, reinstall the battery, place the headset into the charging base and then plug the AC Power Adapter back into the wall outlet.
If you need additional troubleshooting assistance or help setting up your Handset Lifter or Electronic Hookswitch Cable, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you further, no charge!
*For other ways to install your headset, follow the Plantronics C052 wireless headset setup guide resource center*