Jive began when six scrappy software entrepreneurs got fed up with the expensive and overly complicated phone system. They decided to build their own Hosted VoIP solution. With their system in the Cloud—and grounded by grit, hard work, and a shoestring budget—Jive created an affordable, innovative, and secure Unified Communication (UC) solution for businesses around the world.
With all the different information online, it can get confusing trying to find which headset is recommended or compatible. This guide will help explain the recommended and compatible headsets for various desk phones you'll choose from Jive or the Jive computer softphone application. If you use the Jive computer softphone application, keep in mind when connecting to your computer, you'll need a USB headset.
At this current point in time Jive doesn't offer the call control feature. Meaning, no matter which wireless headset you choose for the Jive softphone application will not allow you to answer/end calls when away from the computer. You'll need to answer calls at the computer, then you'll be able to walk and talk up to 350 feet, depending which wireless headset you choose.
Now you might be asking what's the purpose of having a wireless headset if you can't answer/end calls away from the computer? Although not ideal, you'll still have the freedom of a cord not being in the way, plus you can step away from the computer as you're on a phone call to multi task, and mute/unmute your calls as needed. Where as a wired headset is going to leave you tethered to the desk.
Headset Compatibility List For Jive Made Easy
- Discover Adapt 30 + DHS11 (accessory required for remote call answering)
- Discover D904 + D625 (accessory required for remote call answering)
- Discover D711 + D102 (single speaker)
- Discover D712 + D102 (dual speaker
- Discover D722 + D102 (dual speaker fully enclosing ears)
- Discover D713 + D102 (on ear)
- Discover Adapt 30 + DHS14 (accessory required for remote call answering)
- Discover D904 + D629 (accessory required for remote call answering)
- Discover D711 + D101 (single speaker)
- Discover D712 + D101 (dual speaker
- Discover D722 + D101 (dual speaker fully enclosing ears)
- Discover D713 + D101 (on ear)
- Discover D711 + D104 (single speaker)
- Discover D712 + D104 (dual speaker
- Discover D722 + D104 (dual speaker fully enclosing ears)
- Discover D713 + D104 (on ear)
If you plan on using the Jive desktop softphone application, you'll need a USB or Bluetooth headset.
What is the Jive desktop softphone? Turns your desktop computer or laptop into a Unified Communications interface for phone calls and text messages without the need of a physical desk phone.
- Discover D711U (wired, single speaker)
- Discover D712U (wired, dual speaker)
- Discover D722U (wired, dual speaker with large cushions)
- Discover D904 (wireless)
- Discover Adapt 30 with DA200 (wireless)
Why Discover Headsets?With a flexible line of wired and wireless headsets, there's a perfect Discover headset for your office. Each model is designed with office professionals in mind for premium comfort, crystal clear sound quality, ease of use and warranties that are 3x most other brands.
Why you should trust us:
For almost 3 decades or equivalent to 262,800 hours (that's a lot of hours talking about headsets) Headset Advisor has specialized in providing headsets to offices and call centers of all sizes. With this information, we're able to get real feedback from customers in the office using headsets and the models they prefer based on their unique situation. In addition, any model that we recommend is rigorously tested in house to ensure you're getting a high quality headset for your office or call center that offers a noise canceling microphone, strong battery life (for wireless models), comfort and connectivity.
Why you should buy a professional grade headsetWith many options available for you to purchase, be careful before thinking of buying a consumer grade headset for your office or call center. If you're on more than a few phone calls a day it makes sense investing in a professional grade headset you can expect to have for 2-5+ years. The advantages of purchasing a business grade headset is:
- Much higher quality
- Connectivity options compatible with your devices
- More comfortable wearing choices available
- Improved sound quality
- Better noise cancellation in the microphone
- Longer warranty