Cisco Phone Compatible HeadsetsBefore choosing a wired or wireless headset to go with your Cisco corded or cordless phone, you'll want to know the best headsets that are compatible. For more headsets compatible with office phones, visit the office headset compatibility guide: compatibility made easy How to use the Cisco headset compatibility guide:
- Find the make/model of your phone
- Choose if you prefer a wired or wireless headset
- If choosing a wired headset, you'll see the compatible adapter that will also be needed. For wireless, you can add the optional compatible accessory (DHS11, DHS20, DHS24, DHL110) to enable remote call answering (most customers add this accessory)
FAQQ: Why do I have to purchase a separate adapter to go with a wired headset for my Cisco phone? A: Being that there's so many different phones available, headset manufacturers have to make various different cables, depending which model of phone you're connecting to. Q: How come I have to purchase a separate accessory to answer/end calls away from my Cisco phone with a wireless headset? A: Out of the box either wireless headset is compatible, but in order to answer/end calls away from your desk, the recommended accessory will be required. Q: How do I find compatibility for other desk phone brands? A: Visit the office headset compatibility guide: compatibility made easy
Understanding Headset TerminologyQuick Disconnect: Out of the box this is the name of the cord that's on your Cisco compatible headset that connects to the direct connect cable. Direct Connect Cable: This cable connects from your Cisco headset to the headset port of your Cisco phone. Electronic Hook Switch: Otherwise known as an EHS cable, this accessory connects from a wireless headset charging base to your Cisco phone. Allowing you to answer/end calls when away from your phone. Handset Lifter: Like an EHS cable, a Handset Lifter also allows you to answer/end calls away from the phone, but physically picks up and hangs up your handset.
Compatible Cisco Wired Headsets Compared
How To Use Your Cisco Wired HeadsetSimply plug the D102 or D106 direct connect cable into your compatible Discover D700 series wired headset, then plug the other end into your Cisco desk phone, into the HEADSET port. In order to use your Discover headset on your Cisco phone, press the headset button on your Cisco phone to answer/end calls.
How To Use Your Cisco Wireless HeadsetOption 1- WITHOUT EHS cable
- Remove your headset from the charging base and it will auto turn on
- To answer/end calls, press the HEADSET button located on your Cisco phone
- When a call comes in, simply remove your headset from the charging base and you'll be on the call
- OR leave your headset on throughout the day and press the on/off button on your D904 or Adapt 30 headset to answer/end calls up to 350 feet away from your desk